Often referred to as the triangle of youth, high cheekbones, defined jawlines and full cheeks are a sign of looking refreshed and youthful. As we age, we lose volume and get loose and sagging skin. Thread Lifts are a discreet treatment that provides instant lift and enhanced contouring. Thread Lifts are the perfect answer for facial rejuvenation needs. We cover the ins and outs of how they work, the benefits, amazing before and afters, where you can get the best thread lift treatment in the UK and expert advice from Dr Charlotte Woodward and Dr Victoria Manning voted Tatler’s Top Doctors for thread lift.
Back to basics: what are thread lifts?
Thread Lifts have the unique ability to lift and regenerate facial skin at the same time to produce natural and gradual results.
Thread Lifts are a subtle yet effective non-surgical aesthetic treatment to treat skin ageing. By repositioning lax tissues and stimulating collagen production, this treatment is often referred to as the non-surgical facelift. In just 30 minutes, it can rejuvenate your skin, delivering immediate tightening effects and noticeable results.
Who is suitable for a thread lift?
Many patients wonder if they are suitable for a thread lift and Dr Manning explains the foundations for potentially getting thread lift treatment are based on skin laxity. She says:
“Threads are suitable for mild to moderate sagging, but also patients with mild to moderate skin laxity. So, skin laxity is basically when we lift our tissue how much it moves and as we go through the perimenopause, menopause we’re losing a lot of collagen in our skin and we lose that elastic.”
An initial consultation with our practitioners will confirm your suitability for this treatment or recommend the best alternative for your concern.
Are thread lifts permanent?
What thread lift options are there?
Aside from their varying materials, threads can feature distinct designs that produce a range of different effects.
- Silhouette Soft Thread Lift is a revolutionary treatment is made from a transparent and absorbable material called Polylactic Acid (PPLA). By using bidirectional cones, the threads are securely anchored, which significantly enhances the effectiveness of retightening.
- PDO Threads are made from Polydioxanone (PDO), these dissolvable threads excel at addressing soft tissue areas by providing a tighter lift. This quality makes them particularly well-suited for procedures such as nose reshaping.
- Aptos Thread Lifts represent the latest generation of available thread lifts on the market, promoting an Elastin, Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid formula.
Don’t worry about feeling the pressure to decide on which one you want as your doctor will advise you depending on the treatment area and the results you want.
How do thread lifts work?
Thread Lifts non-invasively reposition fat that has sagged using an innovative technology that pulls fat back into place. The treatment area will appear lifted and contoured as a result. Re-absorbable suture threads are gently threaded through the fat layer, which has no nerve endings, using a very fine needle.
The re-absorbable sutures (as with dissolvable stitches in surgery) that are used have tiny, re-absorbable bidirectional cones to hold them in place. Using a very fine needle, the suture threads (made of poly-L-lactic acid – PLLA) are gently drawn through the skin. Over a period of 18-24 months, the sutures are absorbed by the body.
A Thread Lift treatment can take just 30 minutes with a little anaesthetic or numbing cream and the number of threads used is completely dependent on the area being treated.
Can Thread Lifts stimulate collagen?
Yes, they can. Dr Victoria Manning explains:
“Threads are placed into the tissue and then they cause like a minor inflammatory reaction stimulating our fibroblasts which are cells in our skin that make collagen.
So, Silhouette Soft will stimulate Type 1 collagen, which is that nice youthful elastic collagen and you can see visible changes in the skin at 12 weeks. And we always like reviewing our patients at 12 weeks because this is when you’ll see your optimal results. Other threads will stimulate Type 3 collagen which is slightly more fibrous collagen, but you’ll still get a fantastic result.”
What areas can be treated with Thread Lifts?
What makes Thread Lifts a great facial treatment is how effective and versatile it is. It can be used on the following areas to contour and tighten:
- Cheeks and Cheekbones: A fuller more defined cheeks appear, along with a less prominent nasolabial fold.
- Eyebrows: As the outer edge of your eyebrows is raised, your eyes become more open.
- Facial Contouring: Your facial contour is redefined, your cheeks look fuller, and your skin regains its firmness.
- Lower Jaw area: Your facial contour regains a defined shape.
- Neck: The skin on your neck regains its tone, looks and becomes smoother.
Thread lift benefits and effects
Based on the benefits alone, a Thread Lift is worth it. Discover the benefits you can look forward to with your thread lift treatment.
- Immediate but natural lift effect
- Double effect for your skin – lifts and regenerates facial skin, achieving natural and gradual results
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- Eliminates wrinkles, giving you youthful-looking skin and an overall smoother appearance
- Quick recovery with immediate and long-lasting results
- Progressive volumising action over 18 months
More about the Thread Lift effects
The effects of a Thread Lift on your skin are immediate. It gives a lifting and regenerative effect with the technique below leaving no scars.
- A lifting effect: once the treatment has been carried out, thanks to the bidirectional and re-absorbable cones, your medical practitioner can redefine the area treated by compressing the lifting the skin tissue.
- A regenerative effect: the poly-L-lactic acid suture thread will be naturally absorbed by your skin over the next 18 months. Poly-L-lactic acid is biodegradable and fully compatible with our bodies, which is why it’s used in many (FDA)-approved therapeutic devices. It stimulates your body’s collagen production by acting on your deep skin layer – redefining your facial features while preserving volume.
Thread lift before and afters
Treated at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic, our patient had Sculptra collagen stimulating treatment in combination with Silhouette Soft Thread Lifting (applied to jawline, mid face).
Our patient was treated at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic with Silhouette Soft Thread Lifts to tighten and lift the jawline and the mid-face.
This patient had Silhouette Soft Thread Lifts to tighten and lift the jawline and the mid-face.
This patient has had Silhouette Soft Thread Lifts to tighten and lift the jawline and the mid-face.
Why are we the best for thread lifts?
Our practitioners are the best for thread lifts thanks to our many years of experience in Thread Lifts and achieving great lifting results safely. Only doctors who are trained and certified on Silhouette Soft sutures can perform Silhouette Soft Thread Lifts. Our trained and certified practitioners are ready to answer your questions, get you results you will love and feel lifted at our CQC registered, multi-award-winning clinic.
Dr Manning and Dr Woodward are global aesthetic industry trainers, speakers, and key opinion leaders for Thread Lifts, including expert trainers in PDO Threads making them sought-after for thread lifting results.
For your Thread Lift treatment, we take the time to get you balanced and well-rounded results. For best results, our experts will assess and advise on whether a combination treatment is right for you and your needs. Combining Thread Lifts with Ultherapy, Botox or Thermage FLX for eyes is the bespoke approach we take to give you optimal results.
How to find us – Thread Lift Clinic UK
Our London Thread Lift clinic is easily commutable from the following surrounding areas: Battersea, Hampstead, Notting Hill, Primrose Hill, Regents Park, Soho, South Kensington, St Johns Wood, Victoria, West Brompton, Highgate, Holland Park, Hyde Park, Islington, Bayswater, Marylebone, Mayfair, Westminster, Earls Court, Fitzrovia, Kings Road, Knightsbridge, Fulham, Green Park, Kensington, Belgravia, Chelsea and West End.
Our Bournemouth Thread Lift clinic is conveniently located in the centre of Bournemouth. You can easily access our state-of-the-art facilities while enjoying the charm of this vibrant town and coastal destination.