Among the fitness industry’s most common goals is weight loss. There are many people around the world who struggle with excess weight and go through the trial-and-error process of trying various diets and rigorous workouts to lose the extra pounds and get back into shape. However, is the goal to really lose weight? What if in fact, you want to lose fat, not weight? The terms “weight loss” and “fat loss” are confused with one another, but they are not the same thing even though they are used interchangeably. The Cosmetic Skin Clinic are here to explain the difference to help you on your health and body confidence quest.
What do we mean when we say weight loss?
The term ‘weight loss’ refers to your overall body weight decreasing as a result of muscle, fat, and water loss.
What do we mean when we say fat reduction?
In contrast to weight loss, fat reduction involves losing weight but solely from fat mass.
Why is fat reduction more important than weight loss?
Losing fat is a more specific and healthy goal than losing weight. You can reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Your fat-to-muscle ratio plays an important role in your overall health, so losing fat rather than muscle should be your number one priority.
How do you lose fat and maintain or gain muscle?
There are many options to help you to lose fat and maintain or gain more defined muscles, these include:
To regain muscle:
- Eating plenty of protein, can you list
- Exercising and including weights
- Non-surgical muscle building treatments like EMSculpt Neo
To lose fat:
- Fat freezing non-invasive treatments like CoolSculpting
- Following a reduced calorie diet
- Exercising can help to speed up your metabolism to help burn calories
How does CoolSculpting work to get rid of stubborn fat or spot fat?
CoolSculpting uses cooling technology to non-surgically eliminate stubborn fat by targeting, cooling and destroying the fat cells.
CoolSculpting involves applying a specialised applicator that has a protective gel pad on it to the treatment area. It is necessary to adjust the size of the applicator according to what is being treated. The Cosmetic Skin Clinic offer CoolSculpting applicators including, Elite, Mini and Petite for varying area sizes.
A vacuum pressure is applied by the applicator and then cooling air is delivered to the targeted area. Initially, you may feel tingling and cold sensations, but this will subside as the area becomes temporarily numb and fat cells are destroyed.
Over a 12-week period following your treatment, the body naturally eliminates dead fat cells. The results of CoolSculpting may continue to improve for up to six months after the procedure.
What are the benefits of CoolSculpting?
CoolSculpting is at the top of the list for its natural and impressive results including:
- No recovery or downtime needed
- Results are long lasting
- Treats multiple areas of the body at the same time for quicker and efficient results
- Smooths, tones, and recontours
- Coolsculpting has been rigorously tested through research, with many published peer-reviews and clinical papers that testify to its efficacy and effectiveness
- Results can show as early as 4-6 weeks
- Results continue to improve up to 14-16 weeks after treatment
- The Cosmetic Skin Clinic with over 23 years’ experience, have performed over 50,000 CoolSculpting treatments and are the UK’s No1 CoolSculpting clinic
- To ensure perfect precision, The Cosmetic Skin Clinic offer a variety of applicators from CoolSculpting Elite, Mini and Petite to cater for area size and number of areas.
How does EMSculpt Neo work to build muscle?
EMSculpt Neo treats the skin with electromagnetic energy. In order to strengthen a patient’s muscles, High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic Energy (HIFEM+) contracts them. EMSculpt Neo goes the extra mile by also delivering radiofrequency (RF) heat energy.
By heating the muscle rapidly, the temperature of the muscle rises by several degrees, preparing it for stress like a typical warm up exercise. Subcutaneous fat cells are then slowly removed from the body as a result of the high temperature. In addition to improving skin laxity, the radiofrequency technology tightens the skin at the same time.
During a standard physical workout, muscles cannot be contracted at such intensities as those achieved with HIFEM+ energy. It allows patients to significantly increase their muscle volume by causing their muscle fibres and cells to multiply and grow at a much faster rate.
Does EMSculpt Neo also reduce fat?
With EMSculpt Neo, fat cells are heated in less than four minutes after application, resulting in fat reduction. This is achieved by the technology’s advanced radiofrequency energy. During a temperature range of 42-44°C, fat cells are broken down and destroyed, before being naturally expelled.
With 4 EMSculpt Neo treatments, patients report an average loss of 1.5 inches in waistline measurements, which results in a 30% fat reduction.
What are the benefits of EMSculpt Neo?
- You can redefine and recontour your body quickly
- Non-invasive treatment without any downtime
- Maximises muscle mass
- Reduces your fat
- With its unique RF/HIFEM+ combination, patients can lose fat and build muscle more effectively, making it a treatment top of the list for far reduction and muscle building
- It will take only four treatments lasting 30 minutes each, scheduled 5-10 days apart, for you to achieve superior results in less time.
- According to independent clinical studies, EMSculpt Neo produces a greater percentage of fat loss than other non-invasive bodysculpting methods
- EMSculpt Neo delivers a 30% fat loss reduction
Fat reduction at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic
With 23 years of heritage, we are proud of our exceptional reputation and outstanding CoolSculpting and EMSculpt Neo patient results. The Cosmetic Skin Clinic have performed over 50,000 fat freezing treatments making us the No1. CoolSculpting clinic in the UK.
During your consultation, our expert practitioners will assess the areas you want to treat, listening to what your body goals are and evaluating your lifestyle habits. Once they assess your suitability, our team will create a bespoke CoolSculpting and/or EMSculpt Neo treatment plan to give you the best possible results.
With our expert team, you can trust that your fat freezing or body contouring treatment is in the most experienced hands. Begin your journey by booking your body contouring consultation or give our London or Buckinghamshire clinic a call on 0330 828 4656.