Bridget March, Harper’s Bazaar Digital Beauty Director speaks with Dr Johanna Ward, The Cosmetic Skin Clinic’s award-winning cosmetic doctor on how to prevent and treat nasolabial folds.
- Dr Johanna Ward confirms “Nasolabial lines become more obvious as we age”.
Lifestyle changes to implement include:
- “Using a daily sun protector,” says Dr Ward, “UV radiation damages our skin, destroys collagen and elastin, and ages the skin in an accelerated way. Protecting your skin every day is the best thing you can do to prevent premature ageing.”
- She also says: “Eating a healthy plant-centred diet will provide the nutrients and building blocks for healthy skin as you age,” … “This should be a priority to ensure the health and vitality of your entire body and skin.”
Professional skin treatments that can help:
- Dr Johanna Ward explains that “skin-tightening treatments like radiofrequency or microneedling can be effective for mild lines and skin sagging,” … “They work by creating a collagen renewal process in the skin. This strengthens the skin, lifts and tightens it, making it look healthier.”
Dermal Filler treatment
- Dr Johanna Ward confirms “Dermal Fillers can also be injected into the nasolabial lines to soften them directly” … “This involves a series of tiny injections of hyaluronic acid into the skin to support, lift and improve the nasolabial line.”
- She adds, “We can also inject dermal fillers in the cheek area and in front of the ear to correct for the global volume loss that tends to exacerbate the nasolabial lines.” … “A skilled practitioner will be able to create a strategy of very precise and targeted filler injections to minimise the appearance of these lines and to naturally help re-volumise the face in an age-appropriate way.”
To read the full Harper Bazaar article, simply click here.
To book a consultation with Dr Johanna Ward at our clinics in London and Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, please contact us today on 0333 355 9084 or fill-in our online contact form.