The Daily Mail Nip & Tuck 27th March 2017
The Nip & Tuck articles by Dr Tracy Mountford appear weekly, in print and online in the Monday ‘Inspire’ section. In this week’s column, a reader asks how they can choose a safe cosmetic doctor:
How do I find a safe cosmetic doctor near me?
Dr Tracy Mountford offers the following advice when choosing a cosmetic doctor:
- Do your research – look at local clinics online and read reviews.
- Personal recommendation is a good starting point when choosing a clinic.
- Check that the doctor is a member of the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM)
- Check if the clinic is registered with the Care Quality Commission.
- Ensure your consultation allows you plenty of time to discuss the treatment options.
- Find out what the procedure costs along with any maintenance treatments.
- Ask to see before and after images and how many patients the doctor treats per week/per year
Above all, don’t feel pressurised into having a procedure or being enticed by discounted treatments. No price can be put on the experience of a trustworthy clinic.