Cryolipolysis: Freeze away fat cells
Beyond Beauty Magazine
Summer 2021 Issue
How cooling your stubborn fat to sub-zero can help you achieve your body sculpting goals.
Beyond Beauty magazine featured an article discussing how Cryolipolysis or fat freezing works. Discussing how the treatment uses sub-zero temperatures to break down fat cells without damaging the surrounding skin and how the treatment is a great alternative to more invasive procedures such as liposuction or fat reduction surgery.
They got in contact to ask our CoolSculpting expert, Dr Tracy Mountford some frequently asked questions including:
Who can benefit from this treatment?
“We can re-sculpt and recontour the whole body with this treatment and it’s highly successful – being popular with both men and women of all shapes and sizes. The ideal candidate is someone of normal weight that just has stubborn areas of fat that are hard to shift through diet and exercise alone.”
Can you treat all skin types?
“Yes! We can treat all coloured skins, although the treatment is not suitable for everyone. Those with very saggy, inelastic skin may exacerbate the problem if they have treatment, but this is true with any fat reduction procedure. These patients would be better suited to surgery, which is why we have to physically see you in clinic to carry out a fall assessment.”
How do I know where to go?
“You should look for a practitioner with a good reputation and years of experience in body contouring, specifically fat freezing, because the if the treatment isn’t done well and isn’t carried out artistically, you can get uneven results that look lumpy. Friends, family or colleague recommendations are ideal, or you can get a referral from the device company’s clinic locator.”
What’s exciting in the world of fat freezing at the moment?
“The treatment taking the industry by storm right now is the newest device on the market called the CoolSculpting Elite – an upgrade to the CoolSculpting device. It can treat two body areas at the same time allowing you the beauty of being in and out of the clinic much quicker. We have carefully selected this technology as it has years of history showcasing its safety and efficiency. The original CoolSculpting device is also cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration with many millions of treatments worldwide under its belt. If you are someone looking to undergo a fat freezing treatment, it’s important the device your practitioner chooses has strong evidence for safety and results.”
CoolSculpting treatment at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic
- We are the Number One clinic for CoolSculpting® in the UK & Western Europe for the SIXTH consecutive year.
- All our practitioners have been to Allergan’s ‘CoolSculpting University’.
- Dr Tracy Mountford, founder and medical director of the clinic, is the only UK doctor on the International Allergan CoolSculpting faculty.
- We are one of the first clinics in the UK to offer the state-of-the-art CoolSculpting Elite applicators.
- We are one of the most experienced companies offering CoolSculpting treatment having performed over 20,000 treatments.
- We have an unrivalled reputation for our expertise, knowledge, trustworthiness and patient results.
- We offer DualSculpting™ which means that we can use two machines to perform two CoolSculpting treatments at the very same time.
- Our five-star reputation from over 400 independent reviews on Trustpilot means that you can be sure you are in expert hands for your fat freezing treatment.
To find out more about CoolSculpting at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic, fill out our online enquiry form. You can also contact our London and Buckinghamshire clinics directly on the following phone numbers: 0203 319 3637 (London) or 01753 646 660 (Bucks).