Have you ever used a filter on social media? In the last couple of years, the trend is for glowier, healthier, firmer, luminous skin. Radiance is definitely in!
In today’s blog I’m giving you my top 5 tips for skin so dewy, filters might be a thing of the past!
1) Medical based skin care. I’m starting with this because if you invest in clinic-based treatments then active effective skincare should be used at home. This doesn’t mean it has to be expensive or complicated. The difference with medical grade products is that they penetrate into the skin and deliver important ingredients to where they need to be, to work effectively.
2) Juvéderm® Volite or Restylane® Skinboosters® to improve skin quality. These are micro injections of hyaluronic acid. Imagine the best moisturiser you’ve ever used. Now imagine that we could inject that deeper into the skin so that it has a more powerful effect. Think of it as an injectable moisturiser. It lasts for 6-9 months from just one treatment. We can use this on the face, around the eyes, neck, décolletage and hands.
3) Tixel. In the past the only way to really address deeper lines in the skin mostly formed from sun damage was to have an aggressive laser or peel treatment, which comes with downtime and the risks associated. While these still have their place, we are finding we are performing far less of them thanks to Tixel. Tixel is a heat-based treatment which stimulates collagen production deep within the skin, leading to skin tightening and a gentle resurfacing without the downtime associated with the more aggressive lasers. We are seeing impressive results, in particular, around the eyes and mouth area where entrenched lines can appear.
4) Profhilo. This injectable skin treatment works differently from Juvéderm® Volite or skinboosters®. It is a ‘bio-stimulator’ product that encourages the natural formation of collagen and elastin. It requires a minimum of 2 sessions 1 month apart, to stimulate collagen and elastin production in the skin. The result is firmer, plumper skin without changing the structure of your face. Combining this with Juvéderm® Volite – will improve firmness of the skin whilst hydrating at the same time – a perfect combination!
5) Clear & Brilliant. This phenomenal laser works to even out any pigmentation abnormalities and to improve the texture of the skin. Lots of my patients complain about open pores – Clear & Brilliant is actually the ONLY treatment cleared by the FDA for tightening pores. Imagine that lovely even tone and smoothness that is fresh and rejuvenating.
As you will all know if you have visited us before, at The Cosmetic Skin Clinic we firmly believe that the best results come from combining treatments. The exact combination we recommend will vary between individuals, as our approach is bespoke to you. One of our specialist practitioners will consult and assess your skin and recommend which combination would deliver you the best results. Winter is the best time of year to work on your skin, so we would be delighted to see you and discuss the best way to get your glow black.
*DISCLAIMER Patient experience and results may vary. These are dependent on a number of factors such as lifestyle, age and medical history.