BOTOX® anti-wrinkle treatment
Brow/ Crows Feet Freezing
These treatments offer solutions to frown lines, crow's feet, the sagging neck and a condition called Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
What is BOTOX®?
- A natural purified protein
- It relaxes wrinkle causing muscles
- It creates smoothed, rejuvenated appearance
What is BOTOX® used for?
Muscle relaxants have been used for years to treat muscular problems including eyelid spasm and facial spasms. The ageing face has wrinkles and furrows which may develop as a result of weakened Collagen in the skin from sun exposure and gravity, or due to excess facial muscle action on the skin.
How does BOTOX® work?
A highly popular and well known cosmetic treatment reversibly paralyses muscles ('Brow-freezing') to smooth wrinkles and prevent deeper lines forming. It can therefore be used to treat such facial lines caused primarily by the action of the muscles on the skin.
What areas can be treated with BOTOX®?
Ideal areas for treatment are those wrinkles caused by muscles that have no significant function such as the deep creases between the eyebrows, crow's feet and forehead lines.
Treatment can also be used to smooth the skin of the neck and décolletage.
How long do BOTOX® injections take and is it painful?
Good results can be obtained after a single injection and the effect generally lasts between 3 and 4 months. The procedure is simple to perform and most patients find the injections only cause a mild sting lasting seconds.
How long does BOTOX® last?
Repeat treatments are usually needed approximately every 3-4 months over a 12 month period. It is encouraging to note that clinical trials report that some patients who have had treatment over 12 months only require further treatments once or twice the following year. It is important to be aware that it takes between 5-7 days for the treatment to work.
What are the side effects of BOTOX®?
If they do occur they are;
- Mild to moderate
- Slight bruising from the injection
Is BOTOX® safe?
- BOTOX® has an excellent safety profile
- The doses of botulinum toxin used in aesthetic applications are very small and the risks of adverse effects related to its mechanism of action are consequently low.
- To date approximately 2.5 million users of BOTOX® cosmetic treatments were given across five key European countries (UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany) since the date of launch for each country.
- Botulinum toxin style A injections can be performed in a clinical setting with a high degree of safety and minimal discomfort.
- BOTOX® should only be administered by doctors and nurses with appropriate qualifications and expertise in this treatment.
Hyperhidrosis (Excessive sweating)
The same products are now also used to treat excessive perspiration by injecting into the sweat glands in the armpits or hands or feet. The procedure is quick, safe and has dramatic results, with many patients reporting almost complete disappearance of sweating.
This treatment really can change lives.
Nefertiti Neck Lift
This is a treatment which can tighten and redefine the neck and jaw line restoring an elegant and more youthful look using carefully placed BOTOX®. This a simple procedure with no down time and in most cases, highly effective
What do I do next?
To find out more about BOTOX® injections treatment or to arrange a consultation, contact us on 01753 646 660
BOTOX® is approved in the UK to treat several medical conditions including, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating in the hands and feet)